Dr. Theocharides is excited to be one of the first cosmetic doctors in central New Jersey to offer Silhouette Lift, a non-surgical procedure that lifts and tightens sagging skin on the face and neck. The Silhouette face lift procedure is fast, safe and affordable, complete in about an hour in the comfort of our office located in Long Branch, NJ.
What Is Silhouette Lift?
Silhouette Lift™ is an FDA-approved, non-surgical facelift procedure that has been performed on tens of thousands of patients around the world. The Silhouette face lift is used to tighten sagging skin on the face, neck and jowls.
Silhouette Facelift is performed by cosmetic doctors, plastic surgeons and dermatologists in an office setting under local anesthesia. While it doesn’t replace a surgical facelift for patients who need it, Silhouette Lift is ideal for patients with mild to moderate sagging in the mid to lower face. The procedure is suitable for men and women, most of who are between the ages of 35 and 60.
Benefits of Silhouette Lift
- Non-invasive: Just a tiny incision is needed in the temporal region to insert the Silhouette Sutures™
- Quick & Comfortable: In-office procedure performed under local anesthesia, generally complete in an hour
- Little or No Downtime: Most patients return to normal activity in 2 to 4 days
- Long Lasting: Results last up to 4 years.* A simple retightening procedure is an option for patients who want to extend results up to an additional 4 years.*
- Affordable: Compared to a surgical facelift, the Silhouette Lift is very affordable
Doctors & Patients Talk About Silhouette Lift
About the Silhouette Lift Procedure
If you’re considering a facelift, the first step is to meet with Dr. Theocharides for a complimentary consultation. He’ll evaluate your concerns and goals and help you decide if Silhouette Lift is right for you.
Silhouette Lift Step-by-Step
The entire procedure typically takes about an hour and you will be able to leave our office immediately.
- Step 1: Patient Is Made Comfortable – Dr. Theocharides will use a local anesthesia to help you feel more relaxed and comfortable during the procedure. Under local anesthesia, you will be fully awake and able to communicate with the doctor throughout your treatment.
- Step 2: Incision Is Made – Dr. Theocharides will make a tiny incision, typically in front of the ear, above the hair line or behind the ear so that it can be easily hidden after the treatment.
- Step 3: Silhouette Sutures – Silhouette Lift uses an innovative type of suspension suture, that hold several flexible, absorbable hollow cones. These cones allow tissue growth inside and around the hollow cones, creating a much stronger anchoring mechanism compared to traditional sutures.
- Step 4: Repositioning the Skin – Dr. Theocharides will insert the sutures and pull the skin tight for the desired look.
- Step 5: Closing the Incision – The incision site is so small that it simply requires very fine sutures without special dressings or coverings.
How Much Downtime Is There?
There is generally little, if any, pain associated with Silhouette Lift post-op. Most commonly, patients will report mild soreness in the incision site.* Patients are advised to rest for the first few days after the procedure and will return to work and normal activities within two to four days. Full recovery is expected within 10 days.*
How Soon Will I See Results?
You will see an immediate improvement in the contours of the face, jaw or neck and tightness in the skin. Silhouette Lift has proven to last three to four years in most patients. A quick, outpatient maintenance procedure can help to extend these results for an additional three to four years.*
Photos courtesy of Silhouette Lift™
*results may vary
*results may vary
Silhouette Lift FAQs
Is Silhouette Lift safe?
Silhouette Sutures are FDA-approved in the United States and hold a CE mark in Europe. The procedure has been performed over 20,000 times in more than 55 countries. As with any procedure, there are risks and side effects, those associated with Silhouette Lift are mild and rare. Dr. Theocharides will review any specific risks for you.
Who is Silhouette Lift for?
For patients age 35 – 50 with mild to moderate facial sagging, Silhouette Lift is an effective alternative to the traditional facelift. However, Silhouette Lift does not replace a facelift, which may still yield the best results for certain patients. Silhouette Lift may be used to effectively postpone a traditional facelift for many years.
Where can Silhouette Lift be used?
The main use for Silhouette Lift is as an alternative to facelift. It will rejuvenate sagging skin in the lower to mid face, jowls and neck. Silhouette Lift can also be used to improve tightness in the brows and forehead.
Will I need to be hospitalized?
No, Silhouette Lift is an in-office procedure performed under local anesthesia.