Patient Safety & Infection Control
Dr. Theocharides has always maintained a commitment to the health and safety of our patients. Our office follows all infection control procedures recommended by OSHA and our state and local government for the prevention of the spread of disease. We have augmented these protocols to address the COVID-19 pandemic and the increased need to reduce contact and disinfect all areas of the office throughout the day. We want our patients to feel safe when they visit with us and to be able to enjoy the same high standard of care in a compassionate environment.
We ask that if you are sick or have been exposed to the coronavirus that you call our office to reschedule your appointment. If you have recently traveled please wait at least 14 days after returning to visit our office. These rules will remain in place until it is no longer a recommendation of the CDC or any local governing bodies and are designed to protect all patients and staff.
What to Expect: COVID-19 Protocols
We want to keep patients informed of the changes we have made and will continue to make as needed to minimize the spread of the coronavirus. Some of the current changes to our patient procedures and infection control practices include:
- Patient appointments will be scheduled on a staggered basis to allow time between patients for additional decontamination of all office spaces.
- Patients will receive a brief health screening questionnaire and have their temperature taken upon arrival.
- We will check in patients using text from the parking lot to minimize contact and control the number of people in the office.
- Masks are required for all patients and visitors when entering and moving around the office.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the office and we require patients to use upon arrival.
- Our staff will wear appropriate PPE and follow all state guidelines for infection control.
We also ask that patients avoid bringing additional guests with them to allow our office to maintain proper social distancing. We will continue to make updates to this page as guidelines are changed and will always place the health and safety of our patients as the highest priority in our practice. If you have questions or concerns do not hesitate to contact us directly.